Sauteed Chicken Breast
by Alice Carter
- 2 pieces chicken breast; remove (or purchase without) bones,
skin and fat. Packages typically have 4 pieces.
- Salt and Pepper (and other interesting spices)
- Small amount flour
- PAM spray-on oil
- Wash chicken pieces and dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Coat them with flour (sprinkle, or shake in a bag).
- Let stand 10 minutes for the salt to soak in (optional).
- Spray a frying pan or wok with PAM or spread 1/2 tbsp oil in it,
and warm up the pan.
- Using medium heat, brown both sides of the pieces.
- Add about 2 tbsp water (30 ml) and cover the pan. Turn the fire lower.
- Let it steam for 5 to 10 minutes, taking care that a little vapor
is coming out but the water doesn't boil away.
- Cut one open. If no blood runs out and the meat isn't obviously
pink, it's done.
Wash your hands after finishing the steps where you handle raw meat.